About Queens Cross Workspace
Queens Cross Workspace was set up by the Management Committee of Queens Cross Housing Association in 1985.
Queens Cross Housing Association had been established in 1976 and had quickly set to work on refurbishing tenements and developing new build properties.
It was then acknowledged that the work done by QXHA to regenerate the local area should be supplemented by economic development in order to maximise the benefit to the local community.
Although Queens Cross Workspace works closely with Queens Cross Housing Association, it is an independent organisation, a recognised Scottish Charity (Scottish Charity No. SC006821) with the remit of developing a business infrastructure for the creation of job and training opportunities for the local tenants. Along with its subsidiary; QC Consultants & Project Manager, - collectively known as the Queens Cross Group, it has achieved the following;
- The employment of 600 people within the Queens Cross property portfolio.
- The creation and ownership of 150,000 sq ft of office, industrial and retail property, with a further 35,000 sq ft in the next three years.
- A commercial housing programme of some 400 units city-wide.
- 100 trainees funded per year. From four year apprenticeships to confidence and capacity building.
- 110 businesses located in the Queens Cross area with a combined turnover in excess of £30 million per annum.
- Investment of over £2 million in community and environmental facilities.
- Assisting other community-based organisations to invest over £10 million within their own community activity.
Queens Cross Workspace is managed by a voluntary Board of Management, who are responsible for the overall strategic direction of the organisation.
Ian McLean (Secretary)
The Queens Cross Area
The Queens Cross area is close to both Garscube Road and Maryhill Road, two arterial roads which link the northern suburbs to the City Centre. There are regular business services at Maryhill Road and Garscube Road.St Georges Cross Underground Station is ten minutes walk from our offices in Firhill Road.
Copyright 2012 © Queens Cross Workspace
Tel. 0141 576 0210
Fax. 0141 576 0211
Queens Cross Workspace Ltd is a non profit community based company with recognised Scottish Charity Number SC006821
Registered Office: Suite 16, Firhill Business Centre, 74-76 Firhill Road, Glasgow G20 7BA
VAT Registration No. 596 8004 07